Monday, December 6, 2010

Final Project



So here we are, at the end of all that is Art 100... Haha, but we still have our blogs. So clearly this is my final sculpture project, the pun: "When artists dream it's just a pigment of their imagination". So my biggest challenge in this project was trying to sculpt imagination. I spent many hours thinking what people perceive as imagination, only then did I decide to let people come up with their own ideas themselves, hence the clouds. Then I focused on color, with pigment in my quotation I knew it was a main point. Lastly, I focused on the dreaming aspect, and what better to represent dreams than a pillow? Hope you all enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This piece is beautiful Chelsea, you're certainly going out with a bang! You did an amazing job painting on the pillow. Like I said in critique, it's recognizable as a face but still abstract. I love all the flowing brush strokes and how the colors blend together. My favorite part of your project is the crayons! I think they're adorable, and such an original idea. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete